DEADLINE EXTENDED to Aug. 30
FusionFest and the Global Peace Film Festival are partnering in a short film competition in which up to 20 finalists films will be screened at the Global Peace Film Festival that takes place September 18-23, 2018. A jury will award winners from these finalists that will be shown at FusionFest.
FusionFest is a free, two-day celebration of the diverse origins and heritages of our community that will be held November 24 and 25, 2018, in Downtown Orlando.
Filmmakers will compete for a $1,000 cash prize for the Best Film overall. A scholarship to Actuality Media Bootcamp will be awarded to the Best Student Film.
All finalists will receive FusionFest/GPFF laurels and a certificate that will be presented at the Global Peace Film Festival. All finalists will also receive four tickets to GPFF screenings of their choice. The top prizes will be presented at FusionFest.
What kind of films? Short documentaries – 3 to 5 minutes – that feature the origins of Central Floridians. The film can be about yourself or someone you know or may be selected from a list of willing subjects. For a list of willing film subjects from all the FusionFest World Regions, contact Terry Olson (email@example.com, 407-836-5540)
Your film should address some or all of these details…
- The heritage of the person who is the focus of the film.
- The reason this person or their family or ancestors came to Central Florida.
- What their journey was like to get here.
- How their heritage influenced them while living here, and how they kept their heritage alive while living in Central Florida.
- What living here means to them.
- No entry fee.
- Upload films to YouTube and label file “FFC_LastName_First initial_world region.”
- Example: FFC_Olson_T_North America.
- Then fill out the form below.
- Filmmakers may enter more than one film, but each entry must be from a different FusionFest World Region, which are defined as: Africa, Arab Israeli World, Asia-East, Northern Eurasia, Asia-South, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, and Oceania & Pacific Islands. (See map.)
- Deadline: August 30, 2018, at midnight. Finalists will be notified by September 3.
- Jury is composed of film industry professionals and local celebrities.
- 20 finalists will receive two public screenings during the Global Peace Film Festival (GPFF), September 18-23, 2018.
- Finalists also receive a certificate of participation, the ability to use the GPFF/FusionFest laurel and four tickets to films screened during the GPFF.
- Winning films will be screened during FusionFest at the Film Pavilion
- The Best FusionFest Film will be announced on Sunday, Nov. 25, at FusionFest and awarded a $1,000 cash prize. The Best FusionFest Student Film will receive a scholarship to Actuality Media Bootcamp, www.actualitymedia.org.
FusionFest Film Contest — MYgration
Imagine a free, two-day celebration in Downtown Orlando that features a kaleidoscope of aromas, sights, sounds, tastes, textures and fascinating stories captured on film that illustrate the diverse origins and heritages of our community.
That’s FusionFest! Submit your film, then come and see why we say, It’s Diversitastic!
November 24th and 25th, 2018
Seneff Arts Plaza at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Orange Avenue and Orlando City Hall Commons, Downtown Orlando. For more information, visit us at fusionfest.org
What you’ll find at FusionFest:
International Food Court • Global Marketplace • Music Stage • Dance Stage • Word Stage • Film Contest Pavilion • Fashion Show • Parade • FusionFest Contests • Interactive Experiences
Who’s behind FusionFest?
It is a project of the Downtown Arts District with support from a large community task force.